Wednesday, August 9

Engagement

I had pictured the moment a million times in my head. But there I was, not knowing what to say. It was a Friday, the 18th of November and I had plans to have dinner with my girlfriends. Two nights before Marta called to cancel. So and so couldn't come and she had decided to postpone the occasion. So, as a normal weekday I came home from my Master. I was thinking on how tired I was and that I was happy that they had cancelled. The only thing I fancy doing was having dinner at home with my boyfriend while watching a DVD. Better if a Romantic Comedy.
It was quarter to eleven. I usually came earlier home but that day we had had a presentation day in class and we had finished at half past ten. I heard my sweet malteese barking at the door. The puppy was three months old at that time. While I was unlocking the door I could also hear some steps running towards the door. I saw him on the other side with a huge smile on his face. At the background, the tea table was beautifully set. Flowers, candles and a delicious smell. But all I could see was an engagement ring on one of the plates, just as the picture shows. I could not say a word. He was saying yes, it's true, and I was stupidly asking him if he was completely sure. In the past weeks he had been thinking how to give me the engagement ring, where to buy it...and I had absolutely no idea. It's true that I was sooner or later expecting to get engaged. After all we had been together for almost 9 years at the time. That afternoon he came to my place with his sister and prepared everything. They cooked the most delicious food in the best way and can assure that they converted that horrible day in one of the most special moments of my life.

3 Comments:

Blogger E. Stilker said...

Well congratulations!! I hope (and I'm pretty sure) you will be very happy together.

My life in the Canadian wild on
http://estilker.blogspot.com

Oh and Tinneke always wanted to go to a wedding in Spain (and especially Barcelona), so there might be a pretty good chance we'll be there :-))

10:02 AM  
Blogger Stoffel said...

Hello! Congratulations from me too! and keep up the good work with the blog so we can follow your adventures!
big kiss
Kristof

12:32 PM  
Blogger Alrac said...

So nice to hear from my "finnish" friends!

Big kiss to both of you too.
I'll keep checking your blogs too :-))

Carla

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home