Thursday, August 10

Moving out, moving in, moving out (1/2)

I bought my 40 squared meter studio when I was 23, back in 2002. I remember how exciting it was to move out for the first time from my mother’s house. It’s true that I had been living in Finland for about 4 months in year 2000, but this was more about independency. It was the first time that I was really moving out, living on my own and at my own expense. However, what I didn’t expect back then is that yes, I was moving, but not how and where I was expecting to.

I bought the studio in March but there was a lot to do before I could actually live in it. Enrique (my boyfriend —now my fiancé :-) and I painted the ceiling in white, the walls in blue and the bathroom in cream. We also made my bed with a big piece of wood, foam, cloth, 4 cute white wheels and a lot of imagination. I also had to buy a lot of stuff too and my economy was not as good as to spend all at once, so by the time I could really move in it was already June.

Boxes up and boxes down I slept some days in the studio but as it was already summer time I was actually moving back and forward between my mom’s flat in Barcelona, my mom’s apartment at the beach and my studio. That is why I decided that September would be the best time to move out. What happened then is that I got a job offered in Madrid and decided to leave.

So there I was, back at the beginning: show the apartment, rent the apartment, move back to mom’s flat, go to Madrid, look for an apartment, rent the apartment, and move in the apartment. To make a story short, from back then till today it feels as if I had moved in and out more than 100 times.

To be continued…


I am selling my studio in Barcelona, click here if you're interested

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home