Friday, August 11

Moving out, moving in, moving out (2/2)

There I was, in Madrid at last, in my new home sweet home living with an old friend but brand new as a flat mate. It only took us two weeks to mess things up and move out again (That is the third house-move already!). Some of our friends were already expecting this to happen; a group of them had even bet about it! Next time I’d rather get the advice earlier…I could still be looking for a flat mate but probably I would also maintain my friendship.

Anyway, my next experience as a flat mate worked out much better. By that time Tomás, one of Enrique’s best friends was living on his own in Madrid so we decided to move-in together (4). A few months later we decided that we could look for a better and cheaper place, so we did (5). Not long after that the company I was working for asked me to move to Switzerland and I agreed. As Tomás was going to have to live on his own again he decided that he needed to look for a cheaper apartment to live in; so, while he found it I decided to move to a friend’s place two months before I left (6).

Packed up and left to Horgen, Switzerland, (7) and spent 10 beautiful months before I was offered to move again, this time to Buenos Aires. I agreed (8). 4 months later I was transferred back to Madrid (9). Then, I realized that I had already been 3 years away from home and that I really couldn’t live without Enrique (within all the moves he stayed at home, in Barcelona). Last September I moved back to Barcelona, and that makes the 10th move, but still not the last. Since then, circumstances have made me move back and forward between my mom’s flat and my studio. The same studio I bought when I was 23 and the same studio that I am now going to sell. Yes, I’m naturally planning to move out again. I want to sell my studio so Enrique and I can buy a bigger flat to move in together, at last!It’s funny how the studio never really felt like home but how it is in fact being quite difficult to sell. Actually, it is the place that among other memories gathers those related with the beginning of my independency and where I got engaged, so the beginning of two very important stages in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home