Saturday, August 12

First Kiss

It all started the 3rd of May of 1997. Enrique had invited me to his place to study for our final exams. It was a Saturday. The previous day we had been studying at my place: philosophy. I had a crush on him and desperately wanted to know if he felt the same. I decided to ask one of my closest friends to ask him if he had feelings for me. As impulsive as she is, she pushed me into the kitchen to make some coffee while she walked my dog with him.
After a while, when my friend and I were alone again she asked me to forget him; “Let it go. I’m sorry but there’s nothing you can do”. It was really hard to hear those words from the mouth of one of my best friends. However, that day I decided not to be sad and somehow convinced me that I would soon get over him.

This is probably why the following day I was pretty relaxed. I didn’t expect anything to happen. I went to his place around 10 o’clock in the morning and we studied Spanish for about 4 hours. After lunch we sat on the coach and watched some TV. It was 3 o’clock by then. One hour later he was still sitting on the left edge of the sofa and I was sitting on the right. At 5 o’clock we were sitting close to each other and by 6 he had his hand on my lap. At 7 o’clock we were lying on the coach. It felt like heaven.

I still had the words that my friend had spoken out in my head, however, by 8 o’clock I didn’t know what to think anymore. It was clear that he felt something. Anyhow, I wouldn’t dare to kiss him first so I decided to pretend that I was asleep, and I gently turned around towards him. At 9 he caressed my lips and attempted to kiss me, but the telephone rang.

It was his auntie, just a short call to say hi. Two minutes after his brother came home with some friends. Fortunately they had plans for dinner so they left half an hour later. At 10 o’clock there we were again, lying on the sofa, pretending to sleep. He didn’t wait to receive another phone call. He caressed my lips again and he kissed me. We’ve been together since then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home