Wednesday, August 23

Wedding Cakes

Last Saturday I went to Sitges to celebrate my sister’s 30th birthday. We had lunch in a lovely restaurant in the Aiguadolç port. After a while we went home and had the birthday cake.

Talking about cakes, I commented that I wasn’t planning to have a wedding cake, and curiously this fact surprised everyone, who talked about the importance of the cake in a wedding. The thing is that I don’t feel comfortable cutting the cake in front of so many people, and neither does Enrique, but I didn’t really think about the meaning of this particular ceremony.

What do you think? There are not many comments in this wedblog I’m writing in…but still I would love to have your opinion on this. Do you think I should in fact have a wedding cake? Do you think I shouldn’t? Please comment!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stoffel said...

maybe you can just have it and eat it, but not do the cutting-show-thing?

9:42 AM  
Blogger Alrac said...

Mmmmm, well thought...that is why I am planning on giving 2 different desserts :-)

Or do you mean that the cake should actually be shown and some other person should cut it for me?

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home