Thursday, August 31

I had a farm, in Africa

Leer en español
There are plenty of places I’d love to visit, in Africa. I’ve only been in Kenia, and that was already 21 years ago, when I was only 6. I can remember some pieces of the journey, like changing a flat tire in the middle of nowhere, recognizing the bones of a zebra, being waked up at 3 o’clock in the morning to watch the elephants drink in the pond or even a swimming pool evacuation when some lions came towards us…lovely for a 6 year old girl but quite scary if you think about it!

Seriously, it was a wonderful trip and would eventually like to repeat it to be able to enjoy it in another way. Nevertheless, as I said, for my honeymoon I’d rather visit a place where neither Enrique nor I have been in, so Kenia should be discarded from my list.

The point is that having enjoyed as I did this trip, going to Africa on my Honeymoon could be a very good idea. However, visiting Africa can be a nightmare if you don’t go in the correct season of the year. According to the Weather Man I will be lucky if Africa is my pick since May is quite a good moment to visit the continent. However, there are some countries where it may be too cold or too wet to go to in May, like Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Senegal or Tanzania among others.

The question is, should we embark us in an exclusive safari in Botswana or would it be better to go to magnificent Egypt? Wouldn’t it be nice to relax in an island like Madagascar, Seychelles, Mauritius or Reunion? What about exploring the so visited South Arica or discovering the undiscovered Namibia? Can I forget of the colors of Morocco or Tunisia? What about touring the whole continent?

Have you ever been to Africa? Please let me know! And remember, if you vote giving 3 reasons why should I visit any of these countries you could win a beautiful souvenir. Don’t be shy and vote!

1 Comments:

Blogger Stoffel said...

unfortunately i have never been in africa before... but i heard lots of good about Namibia...

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home